Solutions for a more collaborative and participatory intranet, more open to the business environment. Take advantage of the social Web 2.0 to help your staff become more motivated, more productive, and thus become a competitive advantage.
It is known by the English term Enterprise 2.0
: a working model based on proactive website that promotes, enables rapid and agile collaboration of people, sharing and communicating information, and data integration. All within the so called extended enterprise, which may involve management and employees, dealers, partners and clients, or other external communication services online.
The main advantages of this model are:
- Trust and transparency building.
- Increases collaboration, improving productivity.
- Promotes innovation.
- Reduces duplication of work and improves response times.
- Improves business efficiency, by achieving an exponential increase of information sharing in the sales network.
Besides the typical features of an Intranet, some characteristics of Enterprise 2.0 solutions include:
- Personalized Homepage, with updated content and attractive to the user.
- Dynamism and control by a manager (Community Manager).
- Custom user profiles, connection with peers.
- Personal communication via blogs, microblogs (like twitter), group discussions, general and project news, etc. Content subscription and notices.
- Creation of groups for participation in projects which allows members to share a media space, to communicate, meet, collaborate on activities, leave messages or files, links, etc..
- Collaboration on documents, or custom wikis.
- Semantic interpretation tools, automatic generation of hypertext links.
- Agenda of activities, events, tracking and task reminders.
- Links to external networks, social bookmarking, content syndication.
- Multimedia information, internal or external (images, video, photos, etc..).
- Advanced searches (for fields, keywords, facets, etc.)..
On top of this Drupal offers extensive possibilities of integration and expansion.